More California youth applying to out-of-state universities, say admission officers
more brain drain...
but we are supposed to be fixated on another tidal wave of new applicants as a way to get more funding- that wave will come in a few years they expect with fingers crossed
and there is this
Change your name to Hellman or Blum--seems the best way to get your point of view considered by the Commission on UC's Future-- 'cause seems like they don't want to hear from faculty..
oh and here is the list of the top 15 billion dollar club that lobbies Sacramento:
The 15 That Spent $1 Billion
1. California Teachers Association
2. California State Council of Service Employees
3. Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America
4. Morongo Band of Mission Indians
5. Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians
6. Pacific Gas & Electric Company
7. Chevron Corporation
8. AT&T Inc.
9. Philip Morris USA Inc.
10. Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians
11. Southern California Edison
12. California Hospital Association
13. California Chamber of Commerce
14. Western States Petroleum Association
15. Aera Energy LLC
my hunch is UCOP falls just slightly lower on the list maybe...
- Richard Blum (AGAIN!)
- Gareth Elliott
- George Kieffer
- Sherry Lansing (AGAIN!)
- Hadi Makarechian
- Eloy Ortiz Oakley
- John A. Pérez
- Richard Sherman
- Charlene Zettel
- Anguiano, Maria
- Park, Lark
- UC Regents Committees
- Staff Advisors, Faculty Reps, Designates
- Ex Officio UC Regents
- UC Alumni Regents
- Tauscher, Ellen
- Guber, H. Peter
- Paul Monge
- VACANT (by Lozano)
- VACANT ( by Pattiz)
- VACANT (by Reiss)
"If the University were a business, it would likely be the largest corporation in California."
"If The University Were A Business, It Would Likely Be The Largest Corporation In California"-Regents Minutes (2010)