Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"My name is Chris Travis. I tried to kill myself when I was 5. ... I took 219 sleeping pills one day when I was 23," the Web site originally said. It said that the author wanted to get an internship at the United Nations and pursue a career in international business. "I want to learn more and do more to make this world better," the Web site said.

from: Armed Student Dies in Police Shooting on Berkeley Campus

the last section of the quote is also in this youtube video

really don't want to cover this topic - but just reminded of an earlier post that recalls similarities/ties to the stories today: UC Should Remember McDaniel and Denton

suicide prevention week at UC should be during Sept or Oct rather than later in Spring- so that services are promoted sooner rather than later. Non traditional re entry transfer students are a large segment of the Cal population and student services needs to stop marketing their services as though their population/target audience is solely 18-22 yr olds. The administration continues to fail at addressing these issues intelligently and comprehensively both locally and system-wide.

Condolences to family and friends -- and please let there be a complete review of it all by some trustworthy leadership to be found ...somewhere --hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment