"charged with exploring changes to UCSF’s current governance structure and financial relationship with the University of California system that could better ensure its longterm success."
who is the its in that sentence? UCSF or UC System? The story does not answer that question- but links to biographies for those listed below.
* Sam Hawgood, MBBS, dean, UCSF School of Medicine and vice chancellor of medical affairs
* Nathan Brostrom, executive vice president for Business Operations, UC Office of the President (UCOP)
* John “Jack” Stobo, senior vice president, Health Sciences and Services, UCOP
* Peter Taylor, executive vice president of Budget and Capital Resources, UCOP
* Leslie Tang Schilling, UC Regent and founder and director of Union Square Investments Company, a commercial real estate investment and management firm.
* William De La Peña, MD, UC Regent and a professor of ophthalmology, and founder and medical director of the De La Peña Eye Clinics throughout Southern California
* John Plotts, senior vice chancellor, UCSF Finance and Administration
* Mark Laret, chief executive officer, UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital
* Mary Anne Koda-Kimble, PharmD, dean, UCSF School of Pharmacy
* Bob Newcomer, chair, UCSF Academic Senate
* Gene Block, chancellor, UCLA
* Bill Oberndorf, chair, UCSF Foundation and a founding partner of SPO Advisory Corp., which is an owner of a number of businesses in a broad range of industries with an asset orientation.
* Lloyd “Holly” Smith, MD, former chair, professor and chair emeritus, UCSF Department of Medicine.
Looking Forward (i.e no looking back at batons/crunchy at Berkeley)
Commission on the Future
“Future of UCSF"
don't remember the past.
Maybe UCLA can help 'em out-- the memories can be jolted for the SMGs?
Call it what it is - restructuring but demanding the old rules about autonomy still apply- a power grab with less transparency...
- Richard Blum (AGAIN!)
- Gareth Elliott
- George Kieffer
- Sherry Lansing (AGAIN!)
- Hadi Makarechian
- Eloy Ortiz Oakley
- John A. Pérez
- Bonnie Reiss
- Richard Sherman
- Charlene Zettel
- VACANT (M Anguiano?)
- VACANT (L Park?)
- UC Regents Committees
- Staff Advisors, Faculty Reps, Designates
- Ex Officio UC Regents
- UC Alumni Regents
- VACANT (E Tauscher?)
- VACANT (H Guber?)
- Paul Monge
- VACANT (by Lozano)
- VACANT ( by Pattiz)
"If the University were a business, it would likely be the largest corporation in California."
"If The University Were A Business, It Would Likely Be The Largest Corporation In California"-Regents Minutes (2010)