Thursday, February 1, 2018

They have "concerns" -The latest, a response

See https://www.auditor.ca.gov/reports/recommendation_status/2016-130

It is CSA's one stop shop page so to speak for updates on the audit findings and work discussed in immediate last post

It includes lots of info and this helpful graphic:
Because the Governor of California has directed the University of California Office of the President (UCOP) to meet specific criteria—related to recommendations we made—in order to receive certain funding from the State, we are providing information at-a-glance about UCOP's progress in implementing those recommendations. Outlined below are the 33 recommendations which we made to UCOP in our report, The University of California Office of the President: It Failed to Disclose Tens of Millions in Surplus Funds, and Its Budget Practices Are Misleading (Report 2016-130: April 2017).

Overall Assessment

This graphic shows the Office of the President's status in implementing our recommendations. The first pie chart shows the status of recommendations due by April 2018; 10 percent of the recommendations are fully implemented and 10 percent are partially implemented. The remaining 80 percent of the recommendations are pending. The second pie chart shows the status of recommendations due by April 2019; 9 percent of the recommendations are partially implemented and the remaining 91 percent are pending. The last pie chart shows that the Office of the President has not implemented any recommendations due by April 2020; all of these recommendations are pending.




Based on our review of the Office of the President's 6-month response, we have concluded that 30 of the 33 recommendations we made are still pending implementation. We have concerns regarding the Office of the President's implementation of our budgetsalaryemployee benefit policy, and systemwide initiativerecommendations. For example, we are concerned that the Office of the President has not received the regents' approval for $12 million dollars in additional spending. The Office of the President is required to demonstrate a good faith effort in implementing our recommendations by May 1, 2018 to receive $50 million in state funding. However, much work must be done to fully implement all of our recommendations that are due by April 2018.

___


There are also these articles and a UC piece:

UC Regents Fight Harassment Suit Against Star Professor


https://www.10news.com/news/hundreds-to-protest-inequality-at-university-of-california



http://utotherescue.blogspot.com/2018/01/columbia-plans-to-commit-unfair-labor.html


http://www.dailycal.org/2018/01/31/software-engineer-recalls-impact-alleged-sex-assault-uc-berkeley-professor-james-obrien/



https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/new-student-advisory-board-will-provide-input-sexual-violence-prevention-and-response


http://www.dailycal.org/2018/01/30/uc-systems-sexual-harassment-payouts-total-3-million-3-years/


https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/26/frayed-nerves-at-uc-regents-meeting-as-broken-relationship-with-sacramento-takes-center-stage/

No comments:

Post a Comment